- City Parkland: over 740 acres in 90 parks
- MoneySense Magazine May 2008: Barrie scored an A+ in the Economic Strength category for appeal to real estate investors
- Barrie’s Festival of Ice uses 300 lb blocks of ice for their professional ice carvings.
- Average Temperature
July: 26 C, 78 F
January: -8.1 C, 18 F
- The railroad came to Barrie in 1865 from York (Toronto)
- County: Simcoe
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, The Board Game created by a Barrie company
Category: Ontario, Trivia Eh?
I'm a Canadian who has lived in the United States since 1999. I love the beauty of the Canadian landscape and dream about travelling to EVERY country in the world so I can say, without a doubt, that Canada is the MOST BEAUTIFUL country in the world. Until I can accomplish this feat of huge financial proportions, I'll continue to appease myself by writing about Canada's many, MANY virtues. Google+
Follow this blog on Twitter @CanadaConnect
and you'll find me interacting as @Cletch