- Born March 30, 1968, Charlemagne, Quebec.
- Angelil mortgaged his house to finance Celine’s first album.
- Won Eurovision song contest in Dublin Ireland in 1988.
- Her 2nd English album went platinum 6 times over in Canada.
- Has won more than 120 awards in Canada, the USA and Europe.
- She loves to golf.
- Owns a restaurant chain in Quebec& Ontario, called Nickels. There are plans to expand to the USA.
- Celine became involved with the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation when her 16 year old niece, Karine died from the disease.
- Rene and Celine were married in 1994 and suggested guests donate their wedding gifts to Cystic Fibrosis.
- Rene-Charles was born to Celine and Rene on January 25, 2001.
Category: Musicians, Trivia Eh?
I'm a Canadian who has lived in the United States since 1999. I love the beauty of the Canadian landscape and dream about travelling to EVERY country in the world so I can say, without a doubt, that Canada is the MOST BEAUTIFUL country in the world. Until I can accomplish this feat of huge financial proportions, I'll continue to appease myself by writing about Canada's many, MANY virtues. Google+
Follow this blog on Twitter @CanadaConnect
and you'll find me interacting as @Cletch