- Full name is Zalman Yanovsky
- Born in Toronto on December 19, 1944
- Died just before his 58th birthday (December 14, 2002) of a heart attack.
- He and Richardson owned Chez Piggy and Pan Chancho bakery in Kingston, Ontario.
- Member of the Kingston Humane Society and regularly made donations. When he passed away his family requested that well wishers donate to the Humane Society in his memory.
- The humane society set up the Zal Yanovsky Endowment Fund to help pay for animals food, shelter, medical needs, toys and other expenses, in his honour.
- Also did work for literacy and international aid groups.
- The Lovin’ Spoonful were responsible for the soundtrack of Woody Allen’s “What’s Up, Tiger Lily?”
Image courtesy of Open Mike with Mike Bullard